MYTH 1 To lose weight, you need to give up everything delicious: fried meat, chocolate, sugar, and so on.
Of course, in order to absorb everything delicious in large quantities, there is little good. And for people with any weight. But a complete rejection of your favorite foods PREVENTS you from normalizing your weight. Moreover, a complete rejection of some products can also undermine your health
MYTH 2 A strict diet is the most affordable and cheap way to lose weight.
In fact, a strict diet is the easiest way to gain even more weight. Most of those who try out one fashionable diet after another, as a result, begin to gain weight even faster. The reason is a metabolic disorder. This is an almost inevitable result of hungry and half-starved diets.
MYTH 3 To lose weight, it is enough to take a “miracle” tea, cocktail, pills, and the like…
Such funds at best help in normalizing weight. And they only work when the person taking them monitors their diet. In the worst case, uncontrolled use of such drugs (primarily laxatives and diuretics) can lead to loss of health. And the extra pounds will not go anywhere – they will recover!
MYTH 4 Proper nutrition and weight loss are two parallel processes that are not connected in any way.
In fact, it is a rational balanced diet that is the only way to normalize weight, which is not harmful to health and practically guarantees results. The only difficulty is to rebuild your diet without violence against yourself and without “distortions”.
MYTH 5 Only high-income people can afford to eat right. It is expensive.
No! You can eat rationally and successfully lose weight even with a modest budget. You just need to know in what ratio to buy affordable products and how to properly organize your diet.
Questions and answers about losing weight
How to beat your appetite?
Previously, the analysis of this problem was reduced to the fact that the body has a certain supply of nutrients. And when, as a result of vital activity, it becomes less, then there is a feeling of hunger. But then it is not clear why even after eating we want to eat again, although sometimes we are in idleness and without physical activity.Why do we want to eat when we have enough fat to last us for a few months of normal life? And then the idea began to appear that appetite is one thing, and hunger is another. Hunger is when a person really needs energy, and appetite is the indulgence of a certain whim.It is important to determine this moment for yourself before eating, ask yourself: “Hunger or appetite?”. When you lose weight, if you do everything psychologically correctly, there is no and should not be a wolf’s appetite. The appetite always corresponds to the situation. You don’t have to fight your appetite. Don’t ban your food. We need to figure out what exactly you feel – hunger or appetite?
I will list you the situations when your appetite is really high:
1.Situations related to our biorhythms.
In the evening. In the autumn-winter period of the year.In women in the second phase of the cycle.
2. Situations related to the nature of nutrition.
The food is rare and monotonous, mostly sweet and greasy.And then the appetite increases with a lack of energy coming from food.
3. Situations related to motor activity.
Lack of movement or narborot, predominance of intense training.
4. Situations related to the psychoemotional state.
Depression, anxiety, restlessness, or vice versa boredom and inactivity.
What should I do about it?
There are certain techniques that a psychologist will help you choose in your individual work. These will be exactly your methods, individually selected for you and your daily life. There are a lot of recommendations in glossy magazines and on the Internet, but for some reason they don’t work. Maybe because they can only approach the average woman, and not individually to you?
Can I lose weight with massage?
During a massage session, blood circulation increases, muscles warm up, and their oxygen supply increases. And as you know, this is a favorable opportunity for the breakdown of fat. Massage alone can not reduce weight, rather the volume will go away, but only in combination with proper nutrition. Under these conditions, massage will bring good benefits: friability, puffiness will go away, everything will tighten up, and it will become strong, smooth and elastic. As a result, your figure will definitely change for the better! A specialist who will help you is of great importance.
Is it possible to lose weight by exercising in the pool?
Swimming in the pool will burn calories if you practice for at least 45 minutes. To swim effectively and lose weight, you need to actively move at least 80% of the time spent in the pool, light splashing near the side can not be considered an effective activity. … With intensive crawl swimming, you can lose up to 800 kcal per lesson.
Is it possible to lose weight from swimming in the sea?
It turns out that passive pastime in seawater does not lead to weight loss. Only by swimming at a decent pace, which leads to a contraction of the heart muscle twice a second, you can burn 500 to 1500 calories in one hour. By the way, the more your weight, the more energy you will spend in seawater.
Why does weight gain increase with age?
The first reason is lower energy consumption.
Science has established that with age, there is a slowdown in metabolic processes, the level of basal metabolism decreases. Every 10 years, a person’s total energy consumption decreases by an average of 10%.
The second reason is hormonal changes.
This reason is more typical for women. During pregnancy and lactation, the metabolism is adjusted for fat accumulation. Increases appetite, reduces energy consumption.This is physiological, because the baby’s nutrition is provided. The risk of weight gain increases significantly during menopause. This is true not only for women, but also for men. There is a hormonal adjustment to the accumulation of fat.
The third reason is psychological.
In youth and youth, a person’s personality is in constant development:nothing is decided, nothing is clear,everything is ahead. These circumstances support a high psychological tone. This is necessarily accompanied by high muscle tone and motor activity. Accordingly, a person consumes quite a lot of energy and his metabolism is focused on fat consumption.
Why are there no good medications for excess weight?
Only in 2% of cases, the cause of obesity can be associated with some disease:endocrine, neurological, or mental disorders. In other cases (97-98%)the reason that Nina is so normal is a shift in lifestyle towards greater fat content. Simply put, a somewhat high fat content of food, relative sedentary behavior, an image of consciousness that allows the presence of extra pounds. Well, that’s about it. Weight gain is based on a completely normal process. Adipose tissue can store fat.And whenever possible, it accumulates this fat.The weight is growing. And medicine has no cure for normal processes.
What are the disadvantages of common diets?
The more “best” diets are developed in the world, the more fat people become. Long-term exhausting yourself with all sorts of newfangled diets eventually gives the opposite result – after each diet course, the weight soon increases further, the quality of life, health and well-being steadily deteriorates.
Disadvantages of common diets:
1. COMPLETE FASTING. The caloric content of the body’s adipose tissue is about 7000 kcal/kg. Complete absence of food intake for more than 3 days (fasting) provides weight loss up to 0.5 kg per day, but after the 5th day of fasting leads to severe health problems due to the lack of many necessary substances. Therefore, in the first 5-7 days it causes severe hunger pangs, which gradually turn into general destructive changes and dullness of perception .
2. DIETS RELATED TO MALNUTRITION. All the previous world experience of losing weight with the help of any “hungry” and “half-starved” diets proved their complete meaninglessness – a person cannot starve forever, and after painfully achieving some result and canceling the diet, the weight begins to grow rapidly again, negating all previous efforts. INCREASED APPETITE and subsequent RAPID WEIGHT GAIN is an inevitable consequence of any malnutrition, especially starvation.
3. DIETS BASED ON EATING MONOPRODUCTS (“kefir diet”, “vegetable diet”, etc.). Losing weight can’t happen instantly. With a healthy weight loss, the maximum reduction in body weight up to 8 kg per month is possible. Therefore, you will have to stay on a diet for quite a long time. The body’s lack of necessary nutrients, minerals (macro-and microelements) and vitamins leads to a sharp deterioration in health and appearance. Within a few days, hunger pangs inevitably arise, associated with a lack of necessary substances and metabolic disorders.
4. FAT-FREE DIETS. The lack of fat in the diet, especially animal fats, for a week or more, first leads to hypovitaminosis, then to avitaminosis of fat-soluble vitamins, i.e. to deterioration of health, appearance and the development of weakness. After a few days of such a diet, there is an aversion to low-fat food and hunger pangs. With a prolonged absence of animal fats, the permeability of cell membranes increases and hungry edema occurs.
5. UNBALANCED DIETS. Even if they give the effect of losing weight, but due to their imbalance, they deprive the body of some necessary nutrients. As a result, in addition to losing weight, there is also the occurrence of certain health disorders, and consequently, a deterioration in health and appearance.
6. FASTING DAYS and the rule “DO NOT EAT AFTER 6”. It should be remembered that although the amount of necessary nutrients is always given in reference books based on a day, a person’s food balance is not daily, but weekly. If a person eats mainly one type of food on one day and another on another day, but in such a way that the balance of the ratio of the necessary nutrients is observed during the week, then the diet in this case is completely balanced. The complete absence of food intake for up to 3 days, provided that an adult is healthy and has previously eaten normally, is not fasting, because during this period there is not even a noticeable change in the composition of the blood due to the use of substances previously stored in the intestines. Even with complete fasting, a small but noticeable weight loss on the scales is observed only at the end of the 3rd day (due to a hunger delay in defecation) or somewhat later.
This implies the complete meaninglessness of individual “fasting days” for weight loss, and, moreover, the rule “do not eat after 6”. Adhering to such “recommendations” no one has lost weight yet. You can try to deceive the biological nature of a person indefinitely (as evidenced by the presence of many different “weight loss diets” in the world), but you can’t really deceive. Healthy (and therefore delicious) adequate nutrition is the key to good health and a beautiful slim appearance.
Our other Diet and Weight Loss articles