How To Prevent Skin Aging: What To Do To Save Your Face From Old Age
Wilting is a natural process that is one of the stages of the life cycle of any organism. This also applies to our skin. Its aging cannot be stopped, but it is within our power to prevent the hands on our biological clock from moving at an accelerated pace. After all, in addition to objective circumstances, this is also influenced by a number of factors that completely depend on us, our lifestyle and way of thinking.
CAUSES OF FACIAL SKIN AGING
The condition of the skin is affected by many factors. Some of them are purely objective, over which we have no control, and some are the result of developed habits and lifestyles.
OBJECTIVE CAUSES OF AGING
Objective causes of facial skin aging include:
- Environmental disadvantage
- Exposure to stressful weather conditions: ultraviolet radiation, temperature, wind, humidity
- Features of the structure
- Genetics (morphotype of aging)
SUBJECTIVE CAUSES OF AGING
Among the subjective causes of facial skin aging, the most common are:
- Bad habits
- Improperly selected and low-quality cosmetics
- Poor sleep organization
- Violation of the regime and quality of food
Any of these factors can be excluded from your life. All you need is a conscious approach and a little discipline.
SIGNS OF FACIAL SKIN AGING
Regardless of the morphotype of the face, the first signs of age appear approximately the same:
- Facial wrinkles appear, which then persist regardless of facial expression.
- There are gravitational folds associated with the weakening of facial muscles and sagging skin
- The skin becomes thinner, drier, and hypersensitive
- Pigmentation appears, subcutaneous vessels become more noticeable
- There are dark circles under the eyes, the skin becomes yellowish or grayish “unhealthy” shade
- Rosacea may occur — a” blush ” formed by the vascular network
- The pores expand and become more visible
- The oval of the face is blurred, the features lose their clarity
Certain signs are more pronounced depending on the type of skin aging.
TYPES OF FACIAL SKIN AGING
Based on a number of characteristic features, it is customary to distinguish several morphotypes of facial skin aging. I have already mentioned them in passing, now I will focus on each one in more detail
TYPE 1. TIRED TYPE OF AGING
It is typical for thin women or women of normal build with a diamond-shaped or oval face and normal / combination skin.
- The skin is dry and pale
- Nasolabial folds are pronounced
- The corners of the mouth are lowered
- Lacrimal furrows are clearly visible
- There are wrinkles, bruises, and puffiness under the eyes
Such faces do not “float” and retain a clear oval for a long time. This type is considered the most responsive to any cosmetic care.
TYPE 2. SMALL-WRINKLED MORPHOTYPE
The type is characterized by the early appearance of wrinkles. But the situation is balanced by a weak development of subcutaneous fat, which can prevent the omission of facial tissues (ptosis). The oval retains its contours.
- The skin is thin, dry, and prone to irritation
- Underdeveloped subcutaneous fat
- Muscle tone is preserved
- Sagging of the soft tissues of the face is absent or weakly expressed
- Early appearance of facial wrinkles, fine lines
This aging is more typical for thin women with dry skin.
TYPE 3. DEFORMATIONAL TYPE OF AGING
Representatives of the morphotype look youngish for a long time, wrinkles are barely noticeable. The main age sign is the loss of clear contours: the face seems to “flow” down, “swims”. Signs:
- Sagging skin
- Sagging in the lower part of the face
- Rosacea on the cheeks
- Second chin and neck creases
- Heavy upper eyelids and bags under the eyes
This type of skin aging is typical for large, obese women with oily or combination skin. The skin is initially quite dense, shiny, porous.
TYPE 4. MUSCULAR (MUSCULAR) TYPE OF AGING
Age-related signs appear slowly. The fine lines of wrinkles are barely visible. The skin retains its firmness and elasticity, the oval — clear lines.
Age leaves its mark in the form of:
- Deep large wrinkles that appear in almost a couple of years
- “Shrinkage” (loss of volume) in the middle third of the face
- Age spots
- Pronounced nasolabial folds
- Drooping corners of the mouth and eyes
- Weighting, overhanging of the upper eyelid
- Sharp and rough features due to pronounced muscle relief
This is how the owners of the Asian type of appearance usually age, as well as people with developed facial muscles and insufficiently developed subcutaneous fat.
HOW TO AVOID FACIAL SKIN AGING
If you decide on your morphotype, you can choose the most effective methods and approaches for your appearance.
CARE ACCORDING TO THE MORPHOTYPE
Here I just collected the main recommendations of cosmetologists for each of the types.
CARE FOR A “TIRED” FACE
- Observe the regime and complete rest
- Use products containing vitamins C, E, antioxidants, and ANA-acids
- From salon procedures, choose any tonic
- Radical corrective measures: plasma therapy (injections of your own platelet-rich plasma), contouring (fillers)
FACE CARE FOR SMALL-WRINKLED MORPHOTYPE
- If you smoke — stop smoking
- Include fatty fish and flax seeds in your diet, and take Omega-3 supplements.
- Use products that moisturize and strengthen the lipid barrier, as well as cosmetics that stimulate cell metabolism. Key components: sodium hyaluronate, ceramides, oils, vitamins E and C, plant extract complexes, trehalose
- From salon treatments, pay attention to massages with a nourishing cream, radiofrequency lifting, microcurrent therapy, chemical peels and resurfacing to smooth out fine wrinkles
- More serious measures — blanching, biorevitalization with the use of mesococtails, thread lifting
At the initial stage, you need to fight not with wrinkles, but with the cause of their occurrence — a lack of lipids. The goal is to restore the skin’s ability to heal itself.
FACIAL CARE FOR DEFORMITY TYPE
- Watch your weight
- Use anticuperose creams, as well as products for strengthening the walls of blood vessels and improving microcirculation: with the content of arnica extract, horse chestnut, vitamins K, P and C, seaweed
- The complex of anti-aging procedures can include lymphatic drainage massages, microcurrent therapy, cryolysis (cold fat burning), ultrasound lifting, and thread reinforcement.
MUSCLE MORPHOTYPE FACIAL CARE
- Give your skin plenty of moisture; avoid any factors that may contribute to its loss of moisture
- Use cosmetics containing enzymes, ANA-acids in combination with bleaching agents, retinol, vitamin C, exfoliators and moisturizers
- Salon treatments should focus on hydration and prevention of hyperpigmentation. These are mesotherapy, chemical peels, ultrasound therapy, laser rejuvenation, microcurrents and electroporation
- With a radical approach, botulinum therapy, bio-reinforcement, contour plastic surgery, and volumetric modeling are suitable.
POPULAR TREATMENTS FOR SKIN CARE AND REJUVENATION. ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
When we look in the mirror and notice new age-related changes every day, we want to take decisive steps immediately to get a quick and long-lasting result. So I chose the most popular methods of anti-aging procedures.
Fillers-fillers made of silicone, adipose tissue, and hyaluronic acid. The method is used for deep facial correction, including correction of congenital defects.
- Possible allergic reactions
- Filer migration and facial asymmetry
- Granulomas and scarring of the tissue, skin necrosis occurs
- The filler makes the face heavier and its weight contributes to an even greater omission of tissues
- With increased puffiness of the face or a deformed type of aging, the method can provoke ptosis.
Threads are inserted under the skin using cannulas or needles. They trigger the body’s response as a foreign body — a minor inflammation that stimulates the production of new collagen and leads to the formation of connective tissue strands (adhesions). When the thread resolves, they assume the role of a framework. This frame prevents further sagging of the skin. In theory, there should be no problems for 5 years.
- Individual reactions are unpredictable. The ideal result is observed only in a third of patients. For most, the miracle doesn’t happen
- The procedure involves a rehabilitation period of about two weeks. During this period, you need to:
- follow the home mode
- exclude physical activity
- eat soft or liquid warm food
- control your facial muscles and avoid using facial expressions
- spend most of your time reclining
- sleep on your back
- There may be bruises and bruises, asymmetrical edema, skin irregularities due to uneven distribution of tissues on the threads, and facial expressions. If violations persist for a long time, you need to contact a doctor
- Sometimes additional procedures may be required to correct or remove threads
- If you are not satisfied with the result, you can remove the threads without negative consequences for no more than two months
Botox injections are injected into the muscle and “block” it. As a result, facial wrinkles are smoothed out. Over time, the muscle gets used to static and becomes less mobile. This feature, if not excluding the formation of new wrinkles in the injection area, is able to stop their appearance.
- The method is effective at the first signs of aging, against the usual long-standing “creases” it will not help
- If a person experiences psychological discomfort, he will feel heaviness at the sites of botulinum toxin administration, headaches will appear. Therefore, it is advisable to combine external changes with solving internal problems
- Immobilized muscles do not perform their main function-to pump blood and promote lymph flow, and as a result, edema appears, the face becomes earthy.
- Long-term use of Botox significantly reduces the tone of facial muscles, and after stopping using the drug, the face swells sharply. That is, regular injections of the drug simply destroy the muscles of the face.
- Immobility of some muscles is compensated by increased activity of others, as a result, we get the same problem, but in other areas
- Among the consequences are called:
- Paralysis and asymmetry of facial muscles
- Itching, redness, rash, irritation, bruising
- Drooping of the eyelids
- Swelling and swelling of the eyes
- Temperature rise
- Digestive problems, weakness, lack of appetite
- Reduced vision
- Too much relaxation of the mouth, increased salivation, paralysis of the muscles of the oral region
After treating the skin of the face with a special composition, the upper layer of the epidermis is removed. As a result, fine lines disappear, and deep wrinkles become less noticeable.
- The rehabilitation period lasts about 7 days
- External manifestations may not look very pleasant: hyperemia, pigmentation and peeling
- Possible infection with streptoderma or staphyloderma due to clogged pores after the procedure
- Most likely, you will have to wait out this week at home, strictly following the instructions of a specialist
MESOTHERAPY AND BIOREVITALIZATION
Mesotherapy is an injection of a special cocktail with hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin in the composition. Vitamins, trace elements, and plant extracts can be used as concomitant components. The procedure combines external correction and therapeutic effect. The composition varies depending on the task.
With the help of mesotherapy, you can get rid of acne, age spots, freckles, restore skin elasticity. In addition to injections, the procedure can be performed using a laser or ultrasound. Unpleasant sensations will be less. However, to the detriment of the effect.
Biorevitalization is also injections. The procedure is designed to make up for the lack of hyaluronic acid, which is the cause of loss of skin elasticity and the appearance of wrinkles. This will slow down the aging process, restore and rejuvenate the skin, and remove fine lines.
- The effect of both procedures lasts no more than 12 months. After a year, the liquid will be absorbed by the body and you will have to deal with the same problems, but in a larger volume
- The event requires a solid investment — one injection costs from 10 to 20 thousand rubles.
- In case of problems with blood clotting, inflammation and cancer, the procedure will have to be abandoned. It is also not safe from the point of view of allergic reactions
- An overabundance of drugs introduced makes the body “lazy”, because everything is already decided for it. After the termination of the action, it does not return to the previous level of hyaluronic acid production.
- Too much depends on the professionalism of the performer. In case of negative circumstances, the list of consequences may include: vision loss, ptosis of the eyelid, asymmetry, and more
The procedure is similar to chemical peeling, but differs only in the method of exposure. The essence is the same — the top layer is removed, the skin is regenerated, as with a burn, and wrinkles are smoothed out. The result is tangible — you are clearly getting younger.
- The impact is too aggressive. This leads to wear and tear of the skin and the rapid depletion of its resources, as the body is forced to work in a stressful mode.
- The recovery period lasts about two weeks, is accompanied by swelling, wounds bleed, and when healing are covered with a crust
- At the site of moxibustion, micro-holes from the laser may remain or pigmented spots may appear, then you will have to save your face in other ways
- The price of one procedure is about 15 thousand rubles, and you will not be able to manage one session.
Now there is a huge amount of care products for any requests. All of them promise a wonderful transformation. But this doesn’t happen. Because creams and other things are just a fight against the investigation. And you need to work with the cause.
You still need to use skin care products — they provide protection from environmental influences, as well as nourish and moisturize the skin of the face. For maximum effect, use them in a complex way according to the scheme: cleansing, toning, moisturizing, nutrition, protection. Procedures should be performed twice a day: in the morning and in the evening.
Never use care products without carefully studying the composition. Many can be contraindicated for very sensitive skin, allergic reactions are possible, especially with a tendency. Therefore, you should not choose the complex yourself. It is better to contact a specialist.
Facefitness-gymnastics for the face, which relaxes and stretches the muscles that are in hypertonia, and trains little involved in everyday life.
As a result of classes:
- Improves blood circulation
- The lymph system functions more actively
- Puffiness and puffiness go away
- Muscles regain their flexibility and elasticity
- Wrinkles are smoothed out
- The skin gets a healthy uniform shade
- The contours of the face are more clearly outlined, the second chin is tightened.
Read our article titled What is Facefitness and how to apply it here